Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Accessories to place inside dog cage?

Accessories to place inside dog cage?

Old Apr 26, 23, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Question Accessories to place inside dog cage?

I have a 10lb 2-year-old puppy (too big for cabin) that needs to go to Asia from America in couple of weeks. It's our first-time so I'm not sure what the put inside the cage other than a blanket and water bottle (sipping bottle).
It's going to be 11 hour flight so worried how she will be handling it!
Old Apr 27, 23, 12:03 am

I would put something that has your scent on it, like a sweater.
As you'll be putting in a sippy bottle, I would line the bottom of the crate with pee pads, just in case of accidents, then it can soak it up.
Just curious which airline you're flying with and destination?
Old Apr 27, 23, 1:45 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Absorbent materials like puppy pads, and her favorite blanket. Anything that 'feels like home'. Buy the crate far in advance and get her used to it at home already.
BTW, 10lbs should not be too big for the cabin. 10 lbs is four-and-a-half kg, and even the Korean airlines who have the most stingy weight limits among airlines allowing pets in the cabin allow 7kg animal+carrier combined weight which you will definitely not surpass with a 10-pound dog.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.