Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Flying UA First LGA-DEN to Pick Up Puppy. Need Seat Help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

I am flying United LGA-DEN-LGA in early June to pick up a puppy. I'm in 1st on a 737-800 both ways-- 2B LGA-DEN; 4E DEN-LGA (the only available aisle). I know there is no recline in 4E. My concern is that on the website a photo of the cabin interior shows a bar down the center of the back of 3E making it difficult to place the carrier. Can anyone confirm whether or not there is a bar (the United rep had no idea)? Also, the United rep strongly suggested that I switch to a window seat. Any advice on which seat to pick would be most appreciated. I have never flown with a pet before and am more than a little nervous about it. Thanks!
Old May 1, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
If you can, switch to a window seat. They have a bit more space and we always choose window when traveling with our dog on United in First.
If none are available it is very likely you can swap with your seat mate or another flyer once on board. Just do not select Row 1.
Also, there is SOME recline in the last row of F on all United mainline aircraft.
Old May 1, 2022, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Thank you SFO 1K. Am I right about the bar running down the center of the back of 3E?
Old May 2, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
On United, the aisle seats in F with the legacy CO seat hardware have a more confined space due to the way the frame is built.
The 737-800 uses the legacy CO seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.