Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK Pet Travel Embargo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
UK Pet Travel Embargo

We're trying to book summer flights to take our cat VIE-LHR-VIE which is something we've done without any difficulties many times before (both before and after Brexit.)

Upon ringing OS and LH today, however, we were told there is an embargo on pets entering the UK - both in-cabin or hold - and that neither carrier would be able to take them to the UK, instead they'd only be able to bring them back...

Does anyone have any idea what this is about? I've found nothing on Gov.uk or elsewhere, for that matter...
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Cathay1101
We're trying to book summer flights to take our cat VIE-LHR-VIE which is something we've done without any difficulties many times before (both before and after Brexit.)

Upon ringing OS and LH today, however, we were told there is an embargo on pets entering the UK - both in-cabin or hold - and that neither carrier would be able to take them to the UK, instead they'd only be able to bring them back...

Does anyone have any idea what this is about? I've found nothing on Gov.uk or elsewhere, for that matter...
I haven't seen any government statement on a pet embargo, but I know the UK had cases of cats testing positive for COVID (they caught it from their humans, not other cats) so I can only guess it has to do with that.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:17 pm
Suspended

I didn't think pets could travel in cabin to the UK in any case?
HumbleBee likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:28 am

I know pets can definitely travel out of the UK in the cabin, unaware of any arrival restrictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.