Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Travel w 2 Cats - Delta or United?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2021, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Hi All!

I am traveling from NAS to SAT soon with my two pet cats both about 15lbs. My companion and I cannot decide if we should fly Delta or United. Delta we would have to layover in ATL for an hour and if we do United we can fly direct into IAH and hitch a ride with my brother to San Antonio or get a rental (about 2.75hrs to home). Both cats are first time fliers and I am also terrified of flying (we wouldn't be traveling if it wasn't absolutely necessary and long term).

Pros for Delta - its a 3 x 3 economy set up both legs of flight (I believe 737 and A321) and then direct in SAT so no long car ride.
Pros for United - its a direct flight atleast into Houston and i think the kiddos will be more comfy in the car than a layover and two plane rides.

My concern is the United flight is a Embraer 175. If we go in economy, will an 17.5 x 10.5 x 10.5 fit underneath the seat? Will two fit next to each other in the same section?

I love my cats so much I hate to even have to put them through this, I am getting anxiety already thinking about stressing them out - or even having to take them out of the carriers to go through TSA here in Nassau! AHHH!!! Any recommendations on metal free harness or leash for the removal from the carrier for security?

They both pant and scream on the 20min ride to the vet - so I am a terrified cat mom here.

Thanks for any input!
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by allis0ncecelia
They both pant and scream on the 20min ride to the vet - so I am a terrified cat mom here.
If they aren't well-adjusted to travel at all, spare everyone (including your fellow passengers who will have to endure their vocal dissatisfaction with the situation...) more stress than absolutely necessary and take the shortest, most direct routing you can find.
Underseat space on the E175 is comparable to the larger aircraft. This thread has some more positive opinions. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.