Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Airlines that Allow Carry on Rabbit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP

Does anyone know what airlines allow carryon rabbits? My wife and I have 2 small pet rabbits (3-4lbs each).
Looking to fly from NYC to OTP. The preference would be to fly Turkish in Business, but they don’t seem to have a clear pet policy, and I’ve heard some airlines won’t allow pets in Business class.
Would appreciate any tips.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 2:05 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Turkish doesn't allow rabbits anymore. They used to, but they clarified their pet policies to allowing only cats, dogs and small birds into the cabin about two years ago.
Alitalia and Aeroflot accept rabbits as cabin pets in all cabins including business class. Aeroflot used to be super-pet-friendly but has recently changed the rules and now allow only one animal per carrier and passenger, so in order to get both rabbits on board with them you'd have to fly as a couple and book two pets if the bunnies are older than six months...
Finnair does accept rabbits in the cabin, but don't allow in-cabin pets in business class (exceptions apply, you may get lucky with upgrades). Their 'economy comfort' product is spacious enough to allow travel with a pet carrier, though (and their A350 economy comfort seats are really nice, pretty much the best economy travel experience out there currently).
Rabbit-friendly Star Alliance airlines - I don't know. LOT may accept them, contact them (preferably email). They allow cabin pets in business class.

Last edited by bhomburg; Sep 30, 2020 at 2:13 am Reason: added links

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.