Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Travel to US with dogs during COVID

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

I need to travel to the US with my two dogs in September. I have a ticket from BCN to JFK on Delta. Delta's policy (no exception) is one passenger per pet in the cabin. I'm looking for someone who may be travelling to the US who would be willing to assist me by carrying one of my dogs on board. I would be willing to pay for the ticket. Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I`d post this in the Delta forum, together with specifics (exact flight date).
Also, use social media - flight companion groups on facebook are a good point to start.

Prepare for things to fall through and allow for some flexibility with your travel plans: Make sure your ticket allows changes for no or a reasonable fee. In your situation, it's not a good idea to buy the cheapest, non.refundable and non-changeable 'basic Economy' fare ticket.
You may get lucky with finding someone at the airport during check-in, but as Delta requires advance notice of pet bookings and there's only a limited number of pets allowed on any given flight, don't count on it to work.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

I already posted to Delta forum.

I don't think finding someone at the airport is a viable option because I need to book ahead with the pet and I have to have a passenger's name to book the ticket.

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate it. I've been pondering every possible alternative since May!!
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Have you found someone now?
Old Aug 24, 2020, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Maybe! A friend of a friend who has a dual passport US/France wants to go. She unfortunately has to renew the US passport, but that is underway. I think it may work out! But as you say, I've got to stay flexible! Thanks for your interest!
Old Oct 3, 2020, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hilton
Call me stupid but.....why does COVID affect travel with dogs specifically? Just curious.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:35 am
Original Poster

It has nothing to do with Covid, except for the fact that the situation with Covid in the United States has resulted in Americans not being able to enter Spain or other EU countries. I had no one here to fly with me so that I could bring the other dog (one passenger per dog) and none of my American friends or family is allowed to come here to help me fly back to the US.

I have now found a French woman with a dual US citizenship who is willing to fly with me and we are leaving in six days. Finally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.