Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Travel to US with dogs during COVID

Old Aug 1, 20, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

I need to travel to the US with my two dogs in September. I have a ticket from BCN to JFK on Delta. Delta's policy (no exception) is one passenger per pet in the cabin. I'm looking for someone who may be travelling to the US who would be willing to assist me by carrying one of my dogs on board. I would be willing to pay for the ticket. Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I`d post this in the Delta forum, together with specifics (exact flight date).
Also, use social media - flight companion groups on facebook are a good point to start.

Prepare for things to fall through and allow for some flexibility with your travel plans: Make sure your ticket allows changes for no or a reasonable fee. In your situation, it's not a good idea to buy the cheapest, non.refundable and non-changeable 'basic Economy' fare ticket.
You may get lucky with finding someone at the airport during check-in, but as Delta requires advance notice of pet bookings and there's only a limited number of pets allowed on any given flight, don't count on it to work.
Old Aug 2, 20, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

I already posted to Delta forum.

I don't think finding someone at the airport is a viable option because I need to book ahead with the pet and I have to have a passenger's name to book the ticket.

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate it. I've been pondering every possible alternative since May!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: