FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel with Pets (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-pets-645/)
-   -   Dogs stranded in Singapore - Need Help (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-pets/2016805-dogs-stranded-singapore-need-help.html)

avi8tir Apr 30, 2020 7:20 am

Dogs stranded in Singapore - Need Help

A colleague of mine relocated to the US at the onset of the Covid outbreak. It was planned so just coincidental. Just before airlines started shutting down international routes. He flew on UA, which do not fly dogs on the SIN route. His 2 25lb dogs have been stranded there ever since. The company he is working with cannot come up with anyway to get them to the US. SQ is still flying to LAX, the airline tells him on the phone that it is no problem but the company he is working with says no. He wants to look at all options on getting them to the US. Even through Europe.

Can someone recommend a company that can help handle this? There has to be a way to get them to the US.

bhomburg Apr 30, 2020 3:16 pm

He needs to fire that 'company he's working with'. I unfortunately don't know any.
If he can get back into SIN (no idea if possible due to restrictions) - buy return ticket on the SQ nonstop, fly out Monday, and back on Wed. with doggies as checked baggage. Tickets are cheap ($750). Getting them home ASAP would be worth 30 hours in economy to me...
Look one thread below - it looks like the European airlines have stopped accepting animals as cargo for now.

avi8tir May 11, 2020 8:45 am

any other advice here?

Often1 May 11, 2020 11:45 am

Why does he need a third-party company? If the dogs are somewhere in Singapore, will SQ pick them up and fly them to LAX? I would leave the other company out of it and work through SQ.

avi8tir May 11, 2020 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 32366536)
Why does he need a third-party company? If the dogs are somewhere in Singapore, will SQ pick them up and fly them to LAX? I would leave the other company out of it and work through SQ.

It's a corporate move so he is kinda stuck unless he can find another real solution. I did not think SQ would fly pets without an associated passenger right now?

Often1 May 11, 2020 3:34 pm

1. If this is a corporate move, where the employer has made arrangements through a third-party, your friend ought to go back to the travel / relo person / staff at his employer and ask them to make this right. Your friend is not the customer and presumably the employer has more "yank".

2. Why wouldn't SQ fly the dogs? Certainly not an assumption I would make. Your friend ought to -- if #1 fails -- make the call to SQ directly and ask for assistance in making this happen.