Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

International Traveling With Pet (Chihuahua)

International Traveling With Pet (Chihuahua)

Old May 18, 2020, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by rionguyenngoc
My chihuahua gets anxious with loud engine, and traveling in the car makes him cry. Do you recommend any products that you could help to ease him for flying? He is not neutered yet, and get quite angry around other animals
Sounds pretty problematic for such a long flight.
Old May 18, 2020, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Sounds pretty problematic for such a long flight.
Yes It is, I am trying train my dog for this Do you suggest any solutions?
Old May 18, 2020, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes It is, I am trying train my dog for this Do you suggest any solutions?
Get the dog fixed?
Old May 18, 2020, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Get the dog fixed?
What do you mean by "fixed"? Sorry, my English is only my second.

I contacted several training services, but none of them would fit my current need.
Old May 18, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you mean by "fixed"? Sorry, my English is only my second.

I contacted several training services, but none of them would fit my current need.
Neutered.
Old May 18, 2020, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Neutered.
Ah, Yes, I am planning to. Thank you for your input!
Old May 18, 2020, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
As the Jin Air flights depart from Terminal 1 in ICN, you cannot do airside transfers but you+dog need to pass immigration/customs/animal inspection, change terminals landside (Jin Air uses T1 , Korean moved to the new T2) , and then check in at the counter with the dog.
If this trip doesn't have to happen now, I'd just wait until things have normalized and flights reinstated.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
You need to check with airline. Because of "dog waste" in the airplane, many (eg Delta) have time restrictions
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your input.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhomburg
As the Jin Air flights depart from Terminal 1 in ICN, you cannot do airside transfers but you+dog need to pass immigration/customs/animal inspection, change terminals landside (Jin Air uses T1 , Korean moved to the new T2) , and then check in at the counter with the dog.
If this trip doesn't have to happen now, I'd just wait until things have normalized and flights reinstated.
Hi,

Seems like there's no exact date to be booked. But, Do I need a transfer permit when transit thru Incheon? Is getting ESA recommendable?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Travel with Cat

This thread is very interesting to me as I am in Vietnam, and potentially having to travel to UK with 2 kittens.

Thanks for the excellent advice
Old Jun 12, 2020, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Hi,

Seems like there's no exact date to be booked. But, Do I need a transfer permit when transit thru Incheon? Is getting ESA recommendable?
Beaware that many of the US airlines ate being more stridct on an ESA - and foreign lines I don't believe recognize an ES Uless they are flying to US andf they have made manuy hoos ncludfing calling the doc and adking why.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knownothing
Beaware that many of the US airlines ate being more stridct on an ESA - and foreign lines I don't believe recognize an ES Uless they are flying to US andf they have made manuy hoos ncludfing calling the doc and adking why.
Thanks for the info! Do you know that if I need to get permission for my dog prior to check-in at my departure airport? This would be Seattle Airport.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:33 am
Suspended

Thanks for the info! Do you know that if I need to get permission for my dog prior to check-in at my departure airport? This would be Seattle Airport.
yes
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:55 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by Cris L
This thread is very interesting to me as I am in Vietnam, and potentially having to travel to UK with 2 kittens.

Thanks for the excellent advice

The UK is a very different animal here - pun intended. With very few exceptions pertaining to assistance dogs, animals are not allowed to travel to the UK in the cabin on any airline.
You will either have to ship them as manifested cargo through an agent/pet shipping service or fly to a nearby airport like Brussels, Amsterdam or Paris and continue to the UK on the ground. This has been discussed in several threads on here already, just read through the last few pages of this forum for more information.
Also, the UK will be leaving the EU at the end of this year. Rules may and likely will change. Keep an eye on any changes to pet import procedures which will likely be announced here: https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad

One-airline, one-stop options would be with the usual suspects like Air France / KLM, the Koreans (Asiana and Korean) and others.
Unfortunately, there's no oneworld airline flying this route allowing pets in the cabin, so no status miles on this flight . Cathay Pacific, Qatar and Malaysia Airlines would accept them as checked baggage though.
A special mention would go out to Aeroflot and Turkish Airlines as they allow both kittens to travel together in one bag (convenient should you travel without a companion) if they don't exceed the size and weight regulations, which isn't likely to happen with kittens.... Asiana and Korean also allow both to travel in one bag but only if they are under 6 months of age.

If you have any questions, I`d recommend you open another thread for them so this one can stay on topic.

Last edited by bhomburg; Jun 18, 2020 at 1:55 am Reason: typos...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.