Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Shipping puppy from Poland to NY

Old Feb 10, 19, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Hello, Im thinking of buying a puppy in Poland. I need to ship him to my. How much would it cost and what do I need to do before I fly him. The breeder told me it would cost 1000$ but its kinda crazy for me. I checked LOT prices and it shows $300 for a dog up to 15kg. What other cost will I have to pay to ship him?
Thank you in advance
Old Feb 10, 19, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA
1000 does not sound that crazy— but I am thinking Europe to US. — for Krakow to London yes too much.

For the LOT $300 — is that the fee as checked bag? As in someone has a ticket? What is the charge for cargo?
Who brings the puppy to the airport? Who pays for that? And the vet certificates?

friend paid over 1000 to have pet shipped professionally from Italy and it was worth it, there was tracking info and such. pet had to be on separate flight because of concerns of temperature at connecting airport.

I know someone who traveled to Finland to pick up their puppy.
Old Feb 10, 19, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

It would be my mom who brong puppy to the airport. She will do the passport and chip also.
300$ is for a pet up to 15kg in cargo. That would be direct flight though. She would bring the dog to the airport so I would have a flight number also.
Old Feb 10, 19, 10:43 pm

Is the flight nonstop? If your mom could do all the leg work that may make it cheaper than shipping through the breeder. The friends that paid over $1000 had the pet picked up and delivered to the door in the US — it was truly door to door service — so it was worth it.

What does the $1000 from the breeder include? Is it door to door or would you have to go to the airport?

i do not know anyone that has shipped a pet with LOT.
Old Feb 10, 19, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

I would have to go pick up the puppy in the airport which is not a problem but Im sure I can get it cheaper by $500/600 if my mom would do it. Im just not sure what is the procedure.
Old Feb 13, 19, 11:32 am

I think you need to check whether it is allowed to send a puppy as cargo without a passenger. The issue would be clearing customs/agriculture with the puppy.

Old Feb 13, 19, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

I decided to get a puppy fromthe states. Its too much to organised. Thank you for your help anyway.