Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Large Sherpa with 18 lb cat on JetBlue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Large Sherpa with 18 lb cat on JetBlue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2021, 4:48 pm

large sherpa on delta

I just flew with my 17lb dog in the large sherpa on Delta airlines. When making the reservation they said the under seat height was 9". I think the sherpa height is 11". I decided to take the risk. Everything worked out perfectly with no problems. None of the airline workers asked any questions. They never even looked at my dog.
I'm wondering if I can get away with bringing her on a Jet Blue flight being that the under seat is 8".
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
bumping this thread for a friend. any recent data points that a medium sherpa won't get you turned away on JetBlue...anyone?
Old May 1, 2022, 12:09 am

Hello!

Does anyone have an update on this when flying JetBlue?

I have a 14 lb cat who fits in a medium Sherpa but am worried I won’t be let on the flight since the carrier height (11”) is higher than the allowed (8.5”).

I am inclined to bring it, because I know the top will smush down to conform to the seat, but don’t want to be turned away at the gate. If anyone had any insight, please respond! Thank you!
Old May 5, 2023, 6:47 pm

I would think if a large Sherpa had no problems, a Medium wouldn't. Has anyone been turned away recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.