Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Emotional Support Animal, Delta’s new policy.

Old Jan 20, 18, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum

Delta is making it tougher to get Emotional Support Dogs on flights. The Today Show bringing a pot bellied pig on board only proves that any well intentioned policy is subject to abuse.
Should we make it harder for my elderly mother to keep her handicap parking tag, just because some jerks abuse the policy, to score a better parking place?
I’ve been on many flights with small dogs. I have never seen one cause disruption.
Small children however ...
How about we make it a rule that small children must have certification that their Vaccinations are up to date before they board.
Old Jan 20, 18, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles View Post
Delta is making it tougher to get Emotional Support Dogs on flights. The Today Show bringing a pot bellied pig on board only proves that any well intentioned policy is subject to abuse.
Should we make it harder for my elderly mother to keep her handicap parking tag, just because some jerks abuse the policy, to score a better parking place?
I’ve been on many flights with small dogs. I have never seen one cause disruption.
Small children however ...
How about we make it a rule that small children must have certification that their Vaccinations are up to date before they board.
Why is this irrational rant in the Travel with PETS forum?
OMNI or delete.
Old Jan 21, 18, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Because many who travel with pets prefer to hold their small well behaved dog on their lap, rather than stuffing them under the seat in a bag.
This is not a rant.
This is Flyertalk where we often discuss getting the most from our travel experience, and taking every advantage available.
I think most people who travel with ESA are more interested keeping the dog on their lap, not in saving $100.
This forum is about traveling with pets. Some Flyertalkers , who travel with pets, are interested in this subject. They may or may not want to draw attention to themselves here.

Last edited by beachmiles; Jan 21, 18 at 10:58 am
Old Jan 21, 18, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
This is not the correct forum for this type of debate, therefore I am shutting this one down.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Search this Thread
Search Engine: