Search

Traveling with birds

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus
Traveling with birds

Hi Guys,
I can't find the thread on international travel with pet birds and other beasties. Can someone direct me to the correct thread?
TIA
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
UA?

There's two parts to this - the airline and the destination. The one with the more stringent rules would apply.
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../in_cabin.aspx
TokyoFoodie likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
I'll move this to the Travel with Pets forum.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Info Desk
TokyoFoodie likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:53 pm

I'm a little concerned given the OP's username....
TokyoFoodie likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

The birds are perfectly safe and are spoiled rotten. I'm thinking of moving to Europe for a few years and need to explore safe ways to transport them. I'm not putting them in Cargo if I can avoid it.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Turkish Airlines is the only major airline I know accepting birds in the cabin throughout all of their intercontinental network (excluding where not allowed by regulations like into the UK). Their European network is quite good, and they work with star alliance partner United for US connections who allow birds in the cabin domestically. (United may accept birds intercontinentally as well, contact them). Only disadvantage is longer flight times due to their inconveniently located Istanbul hub (you'll spend three hours flying back west to Central Europe).
If you happen to have falcons, all the middle eastern carriers will accommodate them in the cabin .
Should you have a flock of more than five birds which you want to bring into the EU, be aware that they will be treated as commercial shipment even when they are pets by EU regulations. Read up on importing them into the EU here. , the framework is pretty much identical for all EU countries.
TokyoFoodie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.