Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Caribbean or Bahamas hotels with Dog.

Old Jun 5, 17, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum

I'd like to start planning a winter warm weather vacation with the Dog, for the coming winter. I know it's a long way off. A lot of islands like Jamaica and Bermuda, don't allow dogs, but some do. Please share if you know of pet friendly hotels or resorts on pet Friendly Islands. Would like to hear your experiences.
Since this is Flyertalk I'll add I have points with everybody, if a good award redemption presents itself. Thanks from Gracie the dog.
Perhaps other pet travelers can also benefit from this information.
Old Jun 6, 17, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beachmiles View Post
I'd like to start planning a winter warm weather vacation with the Dog, for the coming winter. I know it's a long way off. A lot of islands like Jamaica and Bermuda, don't allow dogs, but some do. Please share if you know of pet friendly hotels or resorts on pet Friendly Islands. Would like to hear your experiences.
Since this is Flyertalk I'll add I have points with everybody, if a good award redemption presents itself. Thanks from Gracie the dog.
Perhaps other pet travelers can also benefit from this information.
If you want a Caribbean island destination where you won't have an issue entering with a dog consider Puerto Rico. I travel JFK-SJU several times a year on DL and have seen numerous in cabin pets on those flights.

In addition, if you are traveling from the US you only have to show a license as your ID and there is no hassle with US Customs and the added time needed to clear on either end.

IIRC the Sheraton and Hyatt properties are pet friendly. Go on one of the booking sites like Expedia or Hotels.com and there should be a pet friendly box to check in the search options.
Old Jul 11, 17, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
schooner bay in south Abaco Bahamas has properties that allow dogs, and they can get admitted from US with a form etc.
St Thomas or St Croix accepts dogs with no issue, but you would have to check with the hotels to see who accept them...I think the Buccaneer in St Croix does.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: