Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Pet in Cabin with Either Korean or Asiana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pet in Cabin with Either Korean or Asiana

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by bhomburg
If you take the carrier into the lavatory and only let the dog out inside there, nobody will object.
Korean has two large accessible lavs on their new B747-8is (located on the lower deck between rows 37 and 38 in economy) which I believe will be the aircraft type used on the SFO-to-ICN route come June 2018. Asiana has one spacious accessible bathroom on the A350s flying between SFO and ICN (the middle one among the forward block of lavs, located between rows 27 and 28 DEG, also in economy). These handicapped bathrooms are a lot larger than the regular ones and should be large enough for allowing the animal a break. You may use those even when travelling in First or business.
Other than that, it largely depends on the cabin crew. Letting the animal out during flight may or may not be tolerated. Some crews look the other way / will not interfere if animals are well-behaved. Ask first! I only have limited experience, but KE let me have a dog out of its carrier flying on an A380 in a lightly loaded business classs cabin.
I have taken 12+-hour flights with dogs, and if you time things right you might well get by without a potty break. Have him/her 'go' at the airport directly before boarding the flight. SFO has pet relief areas both outdoors before security and indoors after security (in T1, near Gate 43).

The layover in ICN on both airlines (over 2 hours) is long enough to take him/her outside for a walk. This necessitates 'immigrating' into Korea, which is relatively unproblematic (USDA-vet issued/endorsed health cert, microchip, rabies titer test if originating from the USA). ICN does NOT have post-security animal relief areas.

Dogs (in carriers) are allowed in lounges in SFO and ICN. Don't know about MNL.
Hi there, I was wondering if you went through Immigration - does that make you dog origination from ( country-wise) altered? My dilemma is travelling from Sydney via ICN to Frankfurt Germany, and I will have an export permit ( with import into Germany in mind)…Furthermore, EU asks additional paper work ( bloodtest) if pet is from Korea ( this isnt the case when flying from Australia)… many thanks in advance.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Membership Rewards, Chase
Hi Carren. You're just transiting thru Seoul, right? We were just transiting as well so we didn't have to clear immigration so there is no change in our pet's paperwork.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.