Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Pet fees on multiple airline ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat

I probably know the answer to this, but am not experienced in travelling with pets, so figured I'd ask the experts!

I have a single ticket with 1 segment on AS and 2 segments on AA. Looking to bring a cat along. Will I have to pay the pet fee to both airlines, or just one time up front?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Unfortunately, you will have to book the pet and pay the fee on both airlines separately.
Call both airlines as far in advance as possible and advise then you'll be traveling with a pet, as space is limited.
And plan for enough time at the connection point where you transfer from AS to AA, as you likely have to queue at a (transit) counter to check in the pet and pay the fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.