JFK/ZRH/JFK - LX - Dalmatian

Old Dec 6, 16, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler
JFK/ZRH/JFK - LX - Dalmatian

Taking our Dalmatian with us this summer to Zermatt and Gstaad for some hiking.
Flying on LX in J, when I called to reserve space in the hold I also pressed the representative for the specific pet documentation required in Switzerland and the return. I was told I needed:
1) Microchip proof - no problem
2) Rabies certificate - no problem
3) Health certificate - he wasn't clear on which form. When I began my research online I noticed there was an Annex form, USDA form, EU form.
Any guidance on point #3 and am I missing something?
Thanks for any insight.
Old Dec 6, 16, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
This is something you should email the Swiss consulate about to get what is needed in writing and then take that info in another email to LX to confirm in writing the requirements incase an agent is "confused" about the requirements .
Old Dec 7, 16, 5:04 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
You will need this form:
https://www.blv.admin.ch/dam/blv/de/...01.09.2016.pdf

completed and signed by USDA vet, or completed by 'regular' vet and endorsed by USDA vet.
Switzerland does not require Echinococcus treatment. And you do not need to adhere to the rabies titration test regime coming from the US.

Check the Swiss Food Safety and Veterinary Office's website for details. It's all there, all in English: https://www.blv.admin.ch/blv/en/home...frettchen.html

Enjoy your Swiss hiking vacation. Your dog will LOVE it there! I have friends who come over from the US all the time for doggie hiking trips.
Old Dec 7, 16, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold = nothing, UA Million Miler
Thank you

Thanks for the link. Yes, saw this form online. Also, thanks for the clarity on the USDA (vet).

We've been going to Zermatt/Gstaad since 1989 - figure this is a good year to take the dog. He'll have a blast.

-Jim

Search this Thread
Search Engine: