Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Help! Advice needed for bringing your dog on cabin from LAX to S. Korea

Help! Advice needed for bringing your dog on cabin from LAX to S. Korea

Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:05 am

BHOMBURG:
Hi, Thank you so much for replying. I am actually importing two cats( 16 y/o and an 8 y/o)
One I will take in the cabin all the way to KL- The other will either go cargo or excess baggage. I have most all the info I need re health cert , etc, but the confusing info is what type of' pet relocator to use vs an agent who will only handle it from the landing in KL vs meeting me at airport in my city of origin and then making sure my cat is cared for through out the whole trip ( ie, "comfort layovers" which ICN apparently does not have).
Thr are sooo many pet relocators and the pricing is crazy dif and confusing. One agent that would handle all the details once arriving in KL quoted me 900.00 per cat!!!! whereas another pet relocator who handles everything from point A to Point B quoted me 1,200 for both....
Pets are allowed in cabin on Korean air and it is one of the shortest routes from where I am traveling.......I have traveled this route many times and I love Korean Air but I also like going East via Qatar but they do NOT allow pets in cabin....
Do you have any experience with Turkish Airlines??
BTW, I am going from NM to LAX to ICN to KL ( but this is only if I take KA) ......

Thnx for email and input!!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:26 pm

flying with my cat from Toronto to KLIA

Originally Posted by lycheelove
Hi - I know ur post is over 3 mo old so Im not sure you will even get this. BUt I am desperately seeking info and advice as well.
Have you completed ur travel yet?? I have posted on several forums and made numerous calls not only to Korean Air but USDA export as well as Pet relocators and still cannot get clarification. I will be traveling in August with two pets from US to Malaysia, ONe is 16 y/o and I need to have her in the cabin with me, The other will travel cargo bc she is over the weight limit. ( I sure understand the anxiety issue ((( and I am sooo stressed)
I finally discovered that even if u can have a pet in the cabin (Korean AIr and Asiana) you CANNOT land in Malaysia with a pet in cabin!! So now I am trying to figure out
if I can travel from LAX to ICN with my pet in cabin and then transfer her to the cargo after I land in ICN. ANY experience with this ??

THANK YOU!!!
Hi,
I was a little worried myself flying from Toronto to KLIA with my cat in cabin via Korean Air. I wasn't sure if my cat would be able to land in cabin with me. I have the same problems as you, finding a cheap pet relocation agency. However, I've decided to do everything by myself from Canada side of the country, the only thing is, I had to work with an agency just to apply for an import permit. So the agency i'm working with charged me RM850 for the import permit, the health check after landing, the quarantine charges (food, water, cleaning, litter, booking, and the 7 days at the quarantine). Technically all the parts that needs to be done in the Malaysia side. The agency also told me that my cat will be allowed to land in KLIA from in cabin with me. I would be flying from Toronto to Incheon to KLIA on 26th April. I've actually found a video on youtube of this Malaysian girl flying with her cat in cabin via Turkish Airlines from Ireland to Malaysia, she used the same agency that I am using, but the video was a few years ago. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to add a link in my message because I'm a new user. But the title "Cat Travel in a 15 hour flight with Turkish Airlines", the publisher's name is Alia Nadhirah Idris, posted on 28th May 2015. Hope my message helps you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.