Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

EWR->GVA on UA: Annex IV? APHIS 7001?

Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying Monday from Newark to Geneva, Switzerland on United Airlines. My vet filled out the Annex IV (because Switzerland follows the EU regulations) but neglected to fill out an APHIS 7001. I had the USDA field office notarize the Annex IV today, but they cautioned me that United may require the APHIS 7001 as well in order to depart from Newark. I feel confident I'll get into Switzerland without it (our dog is originally Swiss, he has a Swiss pet passport and everything), but I'm very worried about whether we'll be able to get on the flight in Newark. I've called United about 4 times and gotten every different kind of answer, from "you need a health certificate but we have no idea what kind" to "you need the APHIS form." Anyone have recent experience at Newark or with United or understand the regulations better?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by flaxter
I'm flying Monday from Newark to Geneva, Switzerland on United Airlines. My vet filled out the Annex IV (because Switzerland follows the EU regulations) but neglected to fill out an APHIS 7001. I had the USDA field office notarize the Annex IV today, but they cautioned me that United may require the APHIS 7001 as well in order to depart from Newark. I feel confident I'll get into Switzerland without it (our dog is originally Swiss, he has a Swiss pet passport and everything), but I'm very worried about whether we'll be able to get on the flight in Newark. I've called United about 4 times and gotten every different kind of answer, from "you need a health certificate but we have no idea what kind" to "you need the APHIS form." Anyone have recent experience at Newark or with United or understand the regulations better?
If your dog has a Swiss passport, why bother with all the USDA/APHIS paperwork? Just continue to have your regular vet document his rabies vaccinations and sign off the health certificate section before traveling in his Swiss passport, and everything will be fine.
I haven't traveled on UA with a dog since they adopted Petsafe, but pre-merger, that was all I ever needed to fly with my dog on UA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.