Thanks, DL61. Not.

Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Angry Thanks, DL61. Not.

Sitting next to a cat on a TATL. No choice to move. Diamond < cat???

And, no. This is not DYKWIA. This is a 10 hour flight. That I paid over $1500 for.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by txaggie94

And, no. This is not DYKWIA. This is a 10 hour flight. That I paid over $1500 for.
This could have given my wife a bad asthma attack. Cat hair sets her off. Sorry OP
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL GE

And I suppose the cat gets up every 30 minutes to use the restroom and is hogging the arm rest? First world problems...
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Could you pleez clarify - - -

Is the cat in the seat next to you - like a paid seat?

It the cat in a carrier under the seat next to you with a pax in the seat?

Are you in Y of J/BE?

No choice to move - means - I think - the flight is totally full, and nowhere to move to?

What does "Diamond < cat???" this mean???

Thanx!

Side note: I hava BUNCH of cats!

Last edited by davetravels; Nov 26, 2012 at 8:26 pm
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
@pragakhan: yes. $1500. It's a 1st world problem, and I deserve a comfortable flight. 10 hours next to a cat who is going to crap during the flight is not worth $1500. 1st world.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by pragakhan
And I suppose the cat gets up every 30 minutes to use the restroom and is hogging the arm rest? First world problems...
Actually...i think it is more common to ride public transport with animals in the third world

Sorry OP. I know it is not politically correct...but i hate cats too. Allergic and they stink
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The 90's called... they want their thread title back.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Just a general question - what happens if someone has a severe allergy and is seated next to an animal and there's no other open seat on the plane? Will the F/As try to get other passengers to swap seats? Does the passenger just have to "suck it up"? Is the passenger entitled to switch to another flight at no fee?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Just a general question - what happens if someone has a severe allergy and is seated next to an animal and there's no other open seat on the plane? Will the F/As try to get other passengers to swap seats? Does the passenger just have to "suck it up"? Is the passenger entitled to switch to another flight at no fee?
Move the dog/cat up to first class and downgrade a full fare passenger.

Fish for cats, beef for dogs...they have it printed on the menu.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
See post 2 - exactly the problem with my wife. I would be seriously worried.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:59 pm

For reasons that I am not sure of, it sure seems like our federal regulations consider the needs of those needing 'emotional support' animals more important than those with severe allergies to animals.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
1st world problems...unless you have an allergy or the cat is doing something that directly bothers you (and just it's pure presence does not count) then just suck it up and deal with it.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
My grand kids cannot take a PBJ to school or a snickers bar.... Why should I have to sit next to a cat or dog on an airplane. This is getting ridiculous!! And yes I carry an Epi pen
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:06 pm

Most who travel with pets--cat or small dog--should know not to feed the pet eight hours before the event. An allergy is one thing and these can be severe.

But the threat of cat crap is another. But we should know soon, right: Did the cat crap?

If not, did it meow incessantly? Or did it sit quietly and peacefully, hardly disturbing a soul?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Is the cat travelling (as far as you can tell) according to Delta's guidelines for travel with pets in the cabin? If so, I'm not sure what your complaint is. Should Delta have ignored their own policy and refused your fellow passenger's pet because you are more important than your fellow passenger and don't want a pet near you?

If you have an allergy to cats, I would think asking a flight attendant to reseat you would be entirely practical. Since only four pets are allowed in the main cabin (even on a widebody, which your 10 hour flight presumably is), the flight attendants can certainly find somebody not allergic far away from the pet to trade seats with you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.