Thanks, DL61. Not.

Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
See post 2 - exactly the problem with my wife. I would be seriously worried.
Wife doesn't carry a rescue inhaler?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Wife doesn't carry a rescue inhaler?
I have severe cat allergies, and I assure you that a rescue inhaler sometimes isn't enough.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
This happened to me NRT-SIN recently. The entire EC cabin had empty middles, and I was enjoying my emtpy row (I was a window). Right before the door closed two guys came on board, one sat next to me (in the middle) and shoved a big bag under the seat. It wasn't until we were in the air I realized it was a cat. He fed it some ridiculously stinky food three times. I am allergic to cats, but just mildly.

I was really tired from my DTW-NRT flight and didn't have the energy to try and parlay my allergies and DM status into a BE seat, but I was amused at my bad luck to be the only EC passenger without an empty middle, AND a stupid cat...

It happens. Get over it OP. The cat owner could have paid $1500 too, and if you think someone else should have been in your seat instead, it is DYKWIA.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Nov 27, 2012 at 6:52 am
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: DL DM
I was really tired from my DTW-NRT flight and didn't have the energy to try and parlay my allergies and DM status into a BE seat, but I was amused at my bad luck to be the only EC passenger without an empty middle, AND a stupid cat...

Why wouldn't they just move you to an empty middle EC seat?

I am glad that FAs aren't easily parlayed.....especially on international flights.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I love cats. They taste just like chicken.

Before somebody has a fit - it's from a bumper sticker. Come on now - SOMEBODY here had to say it ... I mean, what would flyertalk be without useless posts like this ????? and no, I don't eat cats.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
I love cats. They taste just like chicken.

Before somebody has a fit - it's from a bumper sticker. Come on now - SOMEBODY here had to say it ... I mean, what would flyertalk be without useless posts like this ????? and no, I don't eat cats.
I actually logged in to post that, but you beat me to it!

My point was simple, due to allergies they need to start to restrict some of these spoiled pets. Last time I went to PSP it smelled like the animal shelter for crying out loud. A little purse dog was whining so much I couldn't sleep. I am sure I am going to p*** a hundred people off but really we limit our dietary restrictions to make sure others don't suffer, the least you can do is put Felix in the cargo hold.

OK let the attacks begin!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta: Gold, Marriott: Silver
Originally Posted by Ceres
I actually logged in to post that, but you beat me to it!

My point was simple, due to allergies they need to start to restrict some of these spoiled pets. Last time I went to PSP it smelled like the animal shelter for crying out loud. A little purse dog was whining so much I couldn't sleep. I am sure I am going to p*** a hundred people off but really we limit our dietary restrictions to make sure others don't suffer, the least you can do is put Felix in the cargo hold.

OK let the attacks begin!
And sometimes the hold isn't even good enough. Saturday I had a BHM-ATL flight on an MD-80. We had a beagle and some other sort of yapper dog that started barking at each other in the jet bridge and continued THE ENTIRE DAMN FLIGHT (yes we could hear them through the floor even over the slipstream noise). I grew up with dogs, and lived with cats with my ex for 4 years, I love pets and prefer them to human children but seriously unless you are moving just board your damn pets or leave them with a friend. They hate traveling more than kettles, and they are an annoyance to everyone else on the flight.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:32 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Waiting for the inevitable "My cat happens to be Diamond and has been flying since she was a kitten" reply.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:47 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I love cats. I'd have likely switched with you if I did not have to do a cabin downgrade to do so.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
It's the breed that matters

I dream of being seated next to a Couger in BE....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by Spiff
I love cats. I'd have likely switched with you if I did not have to do a cabin downgrade to do so.
So do I, love cats and dogs. And, with the risk of the discussion going off topic I need to tell a story of a flight I had last year. Trans-con (LAX-JFK), got the UG, go to my seat (3D, if I recall correctly- it was all the same row), and near me (on 3C) I see a ... dog (small pincher). Well, I presume the owner comes back shortly, until I realize that the owner was sitting in 3B, across the aisle.

mmm?

I call the FA quietly, she looks at the manifest, and well...

the dog was a paid FC passenger with her own assigned seat. And so was the owner. Why did she select to seat her dog on the other side of the aisle? I presume for comfort (her comfort) purposes. But, hi- luckily the dog was sleeping almost throughout the flight, so I had to do very little doggy sitter service and you can't complain when you get an upgrade.

So, never underestimate the power of a dog (or a cat) in the cabin. You'd be surprised but some people do pay a full fare for their pets. I am pretty sure though that a pincher would have sufficient space even on a Y seat...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by ashill
Is the cat travelling (as far as you can tell) according to Delta's guidelines for travel with pets in the cabin? If so, I'm not sure what your complaint is. Should Delta have ignored their own policy and refused your fellow passenger's pet because you are more important than your fellow passenger and don't want a pet near you?

Ding Ding we have a winner.

OP is DIAMOND the ENTIRE plane should be arranged to his/her liking (And trying to say it's not a DYKWIK by posting the amount you paid is just hysterical LOL!)

OP does not seem to have an allergy complaint just a "the world is not going exactly as I want it to complaint"

(And please OP never fly SW. I once flew with Penguins, Pellicans and who knows what. Each case had it's on seat. They let the penguins out to visit us )
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: DL SM
Maybe its just me but anytime someone says they aren't something they really are. Such as someone saying they aren't a racist but the next thing out of their mouth is racist. So our OP said they aren't a DYKWIK but has to point out how much he paid. Mentioning that you paid that much is one of the bigger DYKWIK moves
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Cats belong in the cargo. Not first worlds problems, but I certainly would not want to be seated next to a cat either.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by krpjr
Cats belong in the cargo. Not first worlds problems, but I certainly would not want to be seated next to a cat either.
Not to sound like a prick, but it is the DL policy that it is ok for an animal to ride in the cabin. Almost every other carrier has a similar policy. It really doesn't matter what you want and what you don't.

I don't want economy seats that are 17.2 inches wide or a lack of meals on long domestic flights in Y, but those aren't my decisions to make. I fly an airline - they make their policies. If I don't like the policies, I fly a different airline.

Cats are allowed, sorry OP. BTW - I HATE cats too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.