Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

JFK to NCE Delta 767-400 Business Elite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum

Just got back from Nice, France. We did not take the dog, but would like to next year. I asked the FA and the purser if they ever have small dogs in the BE cabin. They said the dog and passenger will have to sit in economy during take off and landing, since the dog will not fit under the seat in BE.
Mmm , strange. What if economy is full?
Also, BE seats are upright during takeoff and landing , so pup could fit.
I didn't think of these questions until I was off the plane.
I know many would say pup would be happier at home, but we are retired , and could stay away much longer if pup was with us.
Any thoughts or experience. We are not high rollers , flying in Business cabin, just making the best use of points. We could fly Ecomomy.
Would a different airline be a better choice to France?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I would check out the rules on AF as they might be more liberal for carryon pets in the front cabin.

In the cabin
Animals accepted
With prior approval from the telephone sales service , you may transport in the cabin:
dogs and cats weighing less than 6 kg / 13.2 lb (including the transport bag or container).
Guide dogs are authorized regardless of their weight.
In addition, your animal must be at least 15 weeks* old to be permitted on board.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common..._airfrance.htm

Also if you fly on AF you can still receive your DL MQM's as they are a Skyteam partner.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:01 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I don't know how big your pup is, but I flew DL BE from JFK to PRG last year with my cat and she was with me in the BE cabin the entire time.

Just be aware that you have to go through a lengthy and annoying process with a USDA-certifed Vet to get a health certificate for your pup to fly overseas and you will have to visit a vet wherever you are before you leave to come back home.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From DL's site:

Pets As Carry On

For tickets issued on or after February 14, 2012, pets in cabin will not be permitted in Business Elite/Business Class on any international flight.

For tickets issued prior to February 14, 2012, pets in cabin will not be permitted in BusinessElite/Business Class on the following aircraft types:

A330
757-200ER
757-300ER
767-400
777-200
Old Jun 9, 2012, 1:29 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
From DL's site:

Pets As Carry On

For tickets issued on or after February 14, 2012, pets in cabin will not be permitted in Business Elite/Business Class on any international flight.

For tickets issued prior to February 14, 2012, pets in cabin will not be permitted in BusinessElite/Business Class on the following aircraft types:

A330
757-200ER
757-300ER
767-400
777-200
Good to know. Yet another disappointment from DL.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
Good to know. Yet another disappointment from DL.
I believe that this issue in part was caused by the lie flat seats that DL is using for their international flights. DL is not the only airline that has restrictions like this. This is a mistake as many travelers who are willing to pay the expenive price to sit up front on these over the water flights also like to travel with their pets that are small enough to fit into an approved carryon bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.