Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

how long is too long for cat travel with no bathroom break??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how long is too long for cat travel with no bathroom break??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:51 am

My advice is to take a small plastic bag with silicon or whatever you use for cat litter and if you have a connecting flight go to the bathroom and put the bag on the floor for your cat to use.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:13 am

I had a cat once that we were able to walk outside with a leash when we were traveling. He went all over the country with us and seemed completely fine as long as his leash was on. I had another cat that would instantly go potty if she was even placed in a vehicle because she was so terrified. That was not fun for her or us!

My others have fallen somewhere in between. They basically just hold it until they can't help it (12 - 15 hrs). I would look for a bathroom that is by itself where it might be more likely to use the litter box. Do they have any at the airport or train for disabled patrons? You may also want to line the carrier with a puppy pad to make cleanup easier if it goes while on the plane.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:59 am

travel is cool
and France is the most beautiful country for travel
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:19 pm

hovik Why would the only alternative be to kill the cat? You could put it up for adoption. You could give it to a friend. You could let it outside. What is this thing people do where they think they have to kill pets they can't take care of anymore?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I see no purpose in continuing this discussion from 2017.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.