Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

Pet Bathrooms open at DCA & IAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=596&sid=1999184

IAD even has 2 airside pet relief areas ^ Are there other airports with puppy pit-stops past security?

Each fenced-in dog bathroom at Dulles has a fake fire hydrant, artificial grass, and bags so the owners can clean up after their pups. There are three pet areas outside the main terminal and two inside the concourses. The indoor locations have ventilation and flushing systems to keep everything clean.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
SEA pet area

From the SeaTac website:

"Inside Area: There is a pet relief area in the Main Terminal, behind security, for assistance dogs who are traveling with their owners. It is next to the exit from Concourse B, directly across from Borders Books."

NOTE: I would only use this indoor area for emergencies. It was clean when I first checked it out for future reference, but when I actually needed to use it late one evening, it was filthy and the stink was nauseating. It probably hadn't been cleaned all day. It is behind a closed door. Cement floor with puppy pads spread around, no ventilation. My dog refused to use it!

"Outside Areas: There are two areas outside the Main Terminal that are equipped to serve as "pet potties" for traveling animals. The two areas are located outside of Baggage Claim on both the north and south ends. The north area is outside of door #26, just past Carousel 16. It is a small sandy area to the left under the stairs. On the south end of Baggage Claim (outside door #00) there is a large grassy area at the end of the parking lot that is also equipped with bags for cleanup."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.