Wiki Posts
Search

Airport pet relief area

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Airport pet relief area

Hi there,

I will fly with two medium size dogs from Washington DC to Bangkok, Thailand. I am thinking about taking UA flight DC-Narita-Bangkok; or DC-Seattle-Narita-Bangkok.

The UA booking agent thinks that the dogs will be taken out from the crate during the transit in Seattle, and owners can walk the dogs at the pet relief area.

I would like to know if this is true and if this is the same for the Narita Airport. Two years ago, another UA agent told me that the dogs remain in the cage during the transit. But rules may change.

I wanted to call up the airport, but I could not find the right numbers.

Please help.

Nemi
Old Jun 8, 2010, 12:31 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk. Unfortunately, I don't know about whether the airline will take the dog out of transit. I would beg them to do so. Have you called United directly to ask? 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331).

I had posted a thread on pet relief areas in airports, mostly U.S., which included a chart from Alaska Airlines. You can see the chart here:

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/hel...lief-Areas.pdf

As to Seattle, there are 2 areas both inside and outside security.

Outside - north and south of Baggage Claim (two locations-the north area is outside of door #26. The south area is outside door #00).
Inside - Behind security, next to the exit from Concourse B (directly across from Borders Books).
As to Narita, I understand it to be a pretty advanced airport. I think the dogs transit through the pet hotel located there. Check this website for more info and a phone number:

http://www.narita-airport.jp/en/whats_new/050930.html

Hope this helps. Good luck with the trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.