Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Airlines Passenger Stung by Stowaway Scorpion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Southwest Airlines Passenger Stung by Stowaway Scorpion

"PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A passenger on a Southwest Airlines flight got quite a surprise at the end of his flight -- a toxic scorpion dropped down and stung him.

Doug Herbstommer had flown from Phoenix to Indianapolis. He said he saw something drop from above, and thought it was a seat belt."

Full story

Based on older Flyertalk threads, it looks like this sort of event is not all that uncommon:

Scorpian bites man repeatedly on plane to Vermont
Scorpion Bites Man in AKL
Scorpion Boards Pants and Stings Passenger En Route to LOS
Scorpion StingsMexico-UK Passenger On Arrival
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LarryU

"PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A passenger on a Southwest Airlines flight got quite a surprise at the end of his flight -- a toxic scorpion dropped down and stung him.

Doug Herbstommer had flown from Phoenix to Indianapolis. He said he saw something drop from above, and thought it was a seat belt."

Full story

Based on older Flyertalk threads, it looks like this sort of event is not all that uncommon:

Scorpian bites man repeatedly on plane to Vermont
Scorpion Bites Man in AKL
Scorpion Boards Pants and Stings Passenger En Route to LOS
Scorpion StingsMexico-UK Passenger On Arrival
I wonder if the scorpion was laced in peanut dust.

It probably got on board with somebody's luggage. I have seen a scorpion or two in a hotel. It's a long hike for a scorpion all the way across the tarmac.
When I was little and was in boarding school, I took out a fresh pair of shorts from my locker to get dressed. As I was ready to step into the shorts, one leg at a time, I saw a scorpion right where my crotch would have been if I had put them on. Being stung by a scorpion there would not have been very nice.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by Yaatri
... As I was ready to step into the shorts, one leg at a time, I saw a scorpion right where my crotch would have been if I had put them on. Being stung by a scorpion there would not have been very nice.

Stung by Stowaway Scr, Southwestern Student Sings Soprano

Ah, alliteration.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 5:36 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x320)

Some ambulance chaser is gonna make some $$$$ ......
Old Jul 25, 2009, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BiziBB

Stung by Stowaway Scr, Southwestern Student Sings Soprano

Ah, alliteration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.