Reload this Page >

"Flights at BKK stopped"

"Flights at BKK stopped"

Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:56 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by Plato90s
Stinkin' hell!!!!

I'm scheduled to fly into BKK on the day after Thanksgiving. This is the worst possible time for it to ahppen.
I'll disagree with you. I am here at the BKK AP hotel and don't know when I can leave. You at least have the choice of cancelling from home without the hassle of being stuck at an airport or hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Both NW and UA are sending their diverted planes back to NRT from HKG, right about now, as it's unclear when BKK will reopen.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 5:57 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Unhappy

I was supposed to fly into BKK yesterday (from my home in Seoul) but decided against it. Will go next month (hopefully).
Just wanted to wish all FTers stranded at the airport luck getting home, and some prayers that you do so safe & sound. :-::-::-:
For what it's worth, Happy Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by Starbucks
Scheduled to fly to BKK tonight with LH out of FRA. No info yet if they reroute the flight but I guess I will depart on-time tonight and flight crew will made the decission where to land over India
Well, i was right. LH departed from FRA on-time and pilot mentioned that they expect on-time arrival in BKK. After having a nap i woke up slightly behind Kolkata, switched on the flight map and saw that the destination target moved to KUL instead of BKK. Took another 2 hours until flight crew informed us officially that the destination was changed to KUL. Notice was given that the flight definately will continue to BKK after the stop in KUL. Crew even started to hand out immigration forms for Thailand. After landing in KUL all pax had to disembark and asked to be back at the departure lounge in 45minutes. Back at the Gate info was given that the flight will not continue to BKK and all pax will be sent to hotels in KUL by bus. Took quite a while until local ground staff got it sorted but finally we made it into the bus and are now spending the night at the Imperial hotel in KL. As of now LH wants to pick us up tomorrow afternoon and fly to BKK in the evening. After reading the news and watching tv i doubt that this will happen so i arranged an alternate flight to KBV on friday just in case.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hvr
I'll disagree with you. I am here at the BKK AP hotel and don't know when I can leave. You at least have the choice of cancelling from home without the hassle of being stuck at an airport or hotel.
True, and I was definitely indulging in a bit of self-pity there compared to your situation.

Airlines are starting to admit reality that this will be extended. 10 hours ago, JAL was still claiming flights would continue shortly. Now, they've granted a waiver for free rescheduling up to Dec 2nd, so I've pushed back another 48 hours for wait-and-see.

You're right that I'm quite lucky to have the option of changing plans before I landed at NRT with nowhere to go.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Latest info from Thai Airways:

- BKK closed until 6pm Sat
- DMK until 6pm Fri

Of course, those are best-case scenarios.

- 11/25 TG795 LAX-BKK landed in U-Tapao air force field on the morning of 11/27.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Protesters Prepare For Long Stay

Anti-government protesters in Bangkok blockaded one of Asia's busiest airports for a fourth day on Saturday, with riot police ruling out an immediate assault to end the stand-off.

Source: http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1227918807.html
Old Nov 30, 2008, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Police order airport protesters to disperse

BANGKOK, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Thai police on Sunday ordered thousands of anti-government protesters to end their siege of Bangkok's airports, restricting public gatherings and warning offenders would be jailed or fined.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0081130?rpc=44
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, PriorityClub Gold, Marriott, UA Mileage Plus, LH Miles & More, Sixt Platinum
Heard in the news of a German Radio station (NDR2) this morning, that the protesters are going to let the stranded aircraft fly out of Bangkok to other Thailand airports to take the standed tourists and businessmen out of country.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Empty aircraft fly from Bangkok

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7757866.stm

About 40 empty planes have flown out of Bangkok's international airport after authorities reached a deal with protesters camped there for seven days.
:
:
A spokeswoman for Airports of Thailand said: "Thirty-seven aircraft have left Suvarnabhumi (international airport) since the first aircraft of Siam GA (a regional airline) took off on Sunday evening.

"International airlines will have to contact us to take those stranded aircraft out of Suvarnabhumi."

Twelve planes belonging to foreign airlines are stranded at Suvarnabhumi, as well as 29 from Thai Airways, 16 of Thai Airasia, 15 from Bangkok Airways, and 22 aircraft from other airlines.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Restarting Airport To Take At Least A Week

December 1, 2008

Restarting Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport will take at least a week from the end of the current sit-in by protesters because of security and IT system checks, its general manager said on Monday.

Source: http://news.airwise.com/story/view/1228107347.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.