Passenger wins judgement against NK for flight cancellation

Old Jul 15, 07, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*

From the Detroit Free Press today:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...707150528/1032

The suit went through small claims court, so probably not precedent setting, but good news for the consumer side of travel.
Old Jul 16, 07, 9:23 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, OnePass, SPG Gold
The money quote:

"Cox said that Spirit legally has no obligation to fly any of its routes and cannot be held responsible for canceling flights. The airline's contract with its passengers, called a "contract of carriage," is clear about that, he said."

That about sums it up in a nutshell...airlines can take your money and at the end of the day, not have to carry you anywhere! If you don't like it, too bad. And you will wait, and wait, and wait for your refund.

"Aviation attorney [Thatcher] Stone says Waun's win is rare because the flying public does not have many rights, even in court."

"Baaaa," say the sheeple.
Old Jul 16, 07, 2:06 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
The article said Spirit had 131 staffed at a call center in Michigan (low layed off) and will presumably ? outsource to another company. Boy, that sounds like it will be helpful ?????
Old Jul 16, 07, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold and Silver Wings, AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
It was a default judgment and very judicious of the judge not to overturn it when an airline rep showed up the second time around ^^
Old Jul 18, 07, 7:44 am
Suspended

Honestly, I've often wondered my more people don't take the small claims court route against airlines.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: