Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Vegetarian flier served chicken sues and wins

Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:39 am
Original Poster

A Malaysian court has ordered the country's national carrier -- Malaysian Airlines -- to pay an Indian Brahmin Rs 200,000 (US$4,895) in damages for serving him chicken on a flight four years ago.

...read more
Old Jun 12, 2007, 2:28 am

Programs: *G
This news article does not say whether that guy pre-ordered the vegetarian meal. It just says "when he asked for it". So, it's kinda hard to judge who's to blame from this. I respect for everyone's diet but filing a law suit for this kind of matter is just too absurd.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 5:13 am

Me thinks he doth protest too much.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 2:49 pm

As a fairly strict vegetarian, I could see the plaintiff being rather annoyed with being served chicken if (and I stress "if") he had ordered a veg meal, but suing??? Personally, I realize that 99.99% of the planet is not vegetarian and since I have made the choice to be one, I am on my own to provide food, which I do.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm sorry - and I have relatives who are vegetarian - but this reminds me of P.G. Wodehouse's classic line as Bertie Wooster demands Jeeves hand him the garish purple socks Bertie fancied: "He lugged them out of the drawer as if he were a vegetarian fishing a caterpillar out of the salad."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.