Wiki Posts
Search

Kansas City Star Article

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First, Hertz #1Gold
Kansas City Star Article

I searched the forums to see if this has been previously posted and did not find anything. Please delete if this is a re-post.

Lewis Diuguid, a columnist with the Kansas City Star recently wrote an article about his flying experience. One of his quotes is:

"My daughter Leslie noticed a woman crying at Kansas City International Airport because of how she was treated by security personnel.

It’s not fun to fly on commercial airliners anymore. Zealous security personnel at airports and cost-cutting by airlines have gut-punched what used to be customer service"

Link: http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...d/16529365.htm
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Good article. There is a lot of truth in it.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
The guy is an idiot. First, he refers to the airport as KCI... it's MCI. Second, how can a reporter who is supposed to know what's going on not know about the TSA rules on liquids, etc. I'm not endorsing the rules, but how can he not know about them.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
First, he refers to the airport as KCI... it's MCI.
The code is MCI, but people in the area refer to it as KCI, from the initials of Kansas City International, which has the added benefit of not being the name of any telecomm companies. Otherwise, I agree. Other columnists have had much better rants about air travel.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
The guy is an idiot. First, he refers to the airport as KCI... it's MCI. Second, how can a reporter who is supposed to know what's going on not know about the TSA rules on liquids, etc. I'm not endorsing the rules, but how can he not know about them.

While I agree that the liquid ban is beyond the reach of stupidity, how can someone unless living in cave with no television, internet or newspapers not know what is now allowed. And the TSA, while again a very stupid agency full of lots of stupid people-particularly at the top, is not in the business of providing baggies to forgetful paxs. Agree, this guy is an idiot and dollars to donuts is also one of the annoying "gate lice" crowd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.