Wiki Posts
Search

OK who was it? Bob Novak in fight boarding AA flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
OK who was it? Bob Novak in fight boarding AA flight

I'd guess Charles but he would have posted his side of the story by now for sure!

(Washington Post excerpt)
The Reliable Source
Fear the Turtle, Especially in First Class

By Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Don't mess with columnist Bob Novak when he's on his way to a Maryland basketball game. Novak, the enigmatic center of the CIA leak scandal, was headed to Hawaii Saturday morning to watch his beloved Terrapins play in the Maui Invitational tournament when he tangled with a fellow traveler.

According to our unofficial mascot on the flight, Novak was boarding an American flight to Chicago when he cut in front of another passenger while entering first class. The guy protested and laid a hand on Novak -- who responded by socking him and threatening to knock his teeth out.

Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:55 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by William2005
... was boarding an American flight to Chicago when he cut in front of another passenger while entering first class. The guy protested and laid a hand on Novak -- who responded by socking him and threatening to knock his teeth out.
Except for the fact that I wasn't on that flight, I coulda been the guy who was socked. Whenever someone (who thinks they're more important than anyone else in the world) cuts in line, I always protest. I feel it's my humble duty to improve the world. Yep, let's slowly make the world a better place, by confronting and correcting one pompous pr*ck at a time.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Originally Posted by William2005
I'd guess Charles but he would have posted his side of the story by now for sure!

(Washington Post excerpt)
The Reliable Source
Fear the Turtle, Especially in First Class

By Amy Argetsinger and Roxanne Roberts

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Don't mess with columnist Bob Novak when he's on his way to a Maryland basketball game. Novak, the enigmatic center of the CIA leak scandal, was headed to Hawaii Saturday morning to watch his beloved Terrapins play in the Maui Invitational tournament when he tangled with a fellow traveler.

According to our unofficial mascot on the flight, Novak was boarding an American flight to Chicago when he cut in front of another passenger while entering first class. The guy protested and laid a hand on Novak -- who responded by socking him and threatening to knock his teeth out.

I don't know who it was, but ^ ^ to the guy that protested.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

You Omitted the Best Part

"Both parties were scolded by airline staff and huffed to their respective seats."

I suspect this is why Charles hasn't owned up to his behavior. He's still huffing.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If only I was given such a great excuse for kicking Bob Novak's *ss. If it had been me he'd be in intensive care right now.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Wasn't me but the way the Terps played against Gonzaga made me want to knock Gary Williams teeth out.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:20 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Ok, Bobby! Drop 'em!"

Man, it's never Go Time when I fly.

Old Nov 23, 2005, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bob, your Wellbutrin is ready.

Better living through chemistry.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Except for the fact that I wasn't on that flight, I coulda been the guy who was socked. Whenever someone (who thinks they're more important than anyone else in the world) cuts in line, I always protest. I feel it's my humble duty to improve the world. Yep, let's slowly make the world a better place, by confronting and correcting one pompous pr*ck at a time.
Well said. If someone is that freakin' important, he (it's pretty much always "he") can d*mn well get his own airplane. If he chooses to slum it with us lower life forms on a commercial flight, he should know he's buying into our rules as well. To the back of the line with you, Bunkie!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.