First Black airline flight attendant?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Black airline flight attendant?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:49 pm
Suspended

i'm also gonna have to vote for 'color blind.' However, if it is part of your history and thus the reason you are asking the question, definitely dive and represent it!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 3:19 pm

Interesting question. Someone, somewhere was an unknown pioneer.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:52 am

Programs: BA
It is somewhat surprising that there was this approach in the US, given that for many generations the equivalent job of sleeping car/coach porter on the railroads had been almost exclusively a black occupation, even in places such as the Northwest where there were few such residents at the time.

British Airways' predecessor, Imperial Airways, certainly had Indian stewards on sectors across Asia in the 1930s, when the flying boats started from London to Australia. They appear in some photographs of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.