Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

"Device" that Prompted Airport Evacuation Harmless

Old Sep 24, 03, 4:50 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)

KDKA 2 Article

"A bomb scare prompted over a hundred people to evacuate the land side terminal of Pittsburgh International Airport for about an hour this morning; but officials say the suspicious device turned out to be completely harmless."

Admiral Loy and his gang of jackasses can chalk up another successful interruption in passengers lives. Someday, their obediently following the TSA motto of "Fire, Ready Aim!" is going to get a lot of people killed as a real bomb is outside awaiting a high concentration of evacuees.

As, usual, you've got your head up your @$$, Admiral.

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Sep 24, 03, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW & UA forum moderator emeritus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The county bomb squad x-rayed the package and found the contents to be nothing more than photo albums and cell phone chargers.

Airport officials say the system worked well.
Police say the owner of the bag cooperated fully and was eventually allowed to catch his flight.</font>
If the system worked well then why didn't they just ask the owner what was up before evacuating the place? What a lousy system. Do you feel "safer" yet?
Old Sep 25, 03, 8:24 am

London underground stations are always being evacuated because of UNATTENDED bags being left on platforms.

An evacuation in this situation whilst annoying seems to be to be the only course of action until the bag is examined.

What I don't understand is why in this situation when an ATTENDED bag is thought to contain something suspicious, the bag and its owner are not the ones evacuated, allowing everyone else to continue with their travel normally?
Old Sep 25, 03, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by manfromoz:
What I don't understand is why in this situation when an ATTENDED bag is thought to contain something suspicious, the bag and its owner are not the ones evacuated, allowing everyone else to continue with their travel normally?</font>
Why? Because morons are running the asylum. All they care about is making people feel "safer" -- real safety and security have nothing to do with what they do.
Old Sep 26, 03, 10:23 pm

Programs: CO Gold (RIP UA), AA PLT (2MM), MR PLT
Truth be told I think we are worse off security wise post 9/11...
Old Sep 27, 03, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jk5598224:
Truth be told I think we are worse off security wise post 9/11...</font>
Yes -- but most people feel "safer" now... &lt;sigh&gt;
Old Sep 28, 03, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
The problem witrh this country is you common American... the one that belives all that they are told. I wonder how safe people will feel when another 9/11 type attack happens because of the TSAs pointless policies.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: