Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Concorde makes emergency landing in Halifax

Concorde makes emergency landing in Halifax

Old Feb 19, 03, 12:39 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 11
Concorde makes emergency landing in Halifax



http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/se...ncorde20030219
hatchrat is offline  
Old Feb 19, 03, 12:47 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In the home of the "brave"?
Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Posts: 3,748
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hatchrat:


http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/se...ncorde20030219
</font>
I wonder what the passengers were "shuttled" in, and how long the YHX-JFK flight might have taken.

HeHateY is offline  
Old Feb 19, 03, 1:10 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Posts: 4,531
Only 47 passengers. Seems like a lite load?
onedog is offline  
Old Feb 19, 03, 2:04 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In the home of the "brave"?
Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Posts: 3,748
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by onedog:
Only 47 passengers. Seems like a lite load?</font>
Remember that since the fuel tanks got Kevlar'd, the Air France Concordes have been limited to a capacity of 92 passengers. BA installed new, lighter, seats so theirs have a capacity of, I think, 100.

And at an average fare of $12000 RT, I am sure AF did OK revenue-wise today.

(Remember, all the Qantas Points people who bought 5000 InsideFlyer subscribtions are booked on BA)
HeHateY is offline  
Old Feb 19, 03, 2:13 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 20,554
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeHateY:
I wonder what the passengers were "shuttled" in, and how long the YHX-JFK flight might have taken.
</font>
YHZ-JFK is 651 miles and they were carried on an AC flight. I don't know the aircraft type. Airbus-319-320 are the main type for short and medium haul flights
airbus320 is offline  
Old Feb 20, 03, 8:12 am
  #6  
Formerly known as newbie elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: YUL
Programs: Free Agent
Posts: 2,157
They were flown on an AC Jazz Bae-146 from YHZ to JFK.

Can you imagine going from the Concorde to a BAe-146? That must have been pretty shocking for the jetset.
Admiral Ackbar is offline  
Old Feb 20, 03, 2:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In the home of the "brave"?
Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
Posts: 3,748
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by newbie elite:
They were flown on an AC Jazz Bae-146 from YHZ to JFK.

Can you imagine going from the Concorde to a BAe-146? That must have been pretty shocking for the jetset.
</font>
At least I hope it was a 2-3 interior, not a 3-3 one.

And I hope they had plenty of that 1993 Dom Peringon (sp?)
HeHateY is offline  
Old Feb 21, 03, 5:03 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: CVG DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Posts: 23
I was on AF 002 CDG-JFK (YHZ) on 2/19/03. We were indeed shuttled from YHZ to JFK on an Air Canada Jazz BAE 146. The BAE 146 did have the 2-3 seating configuration. No Dom. The champagne onboard Concorde was Krug Grande Cuvee but they did not transfer any to the "shuttle" flight. We arrived at JFK approximately 5 hours behind schedule. Air France handled the emergency with a very high degree of professionalism. IMHO


------------------
I-65 is offline  
Old Feb 21, 03, 6:46 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,378
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by I-65:
I was on AF 002 CDG-JFK (YHZ) on 2/19/03. We were indeed shuttled from YHZ to JFK on an Air Canada Jazz BAE 146. The BAE 146 did have the 2-3 seating configuration. No Dom. The champagne onboard Concorde was Krug Grande Cuvee but they did not transfer any to the "shuttle" flight. We arrived at JFK approximately 5 hours behind schedule. Air France handled
the emergency with a very high degree of professionalism. IMH


</font>
If I may ask, were you offered any compensation? I have heard delays of any kind on the Concorde are generously compensated.

[This message has been edited by flytoeat (edited 02-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by flytoeat (edited 02-21-2003).]
flytoeat is offline  
Old Feb 22, 03, 1:21 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: CVG DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Posts: 23
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flytoeat:
If I may ask, were you offered any compensation? I have heard delays of any kind on the Concorde are generously compensated.
</font>

No compensation was offered at the time. The flight attendants passed out cards that requested our contact information. When we got to JFK we had to hurry to our connecting flight. What do Flyertalkers think is appropriate compensation? What should I ask for? I used 160K Delta Skymiles for each ticket.
I-65 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: