Reload this Page >

Concorde makes emergency landing in Halifax

Old Feb 19, 03, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/se...ncorde20030219
Old Feb 19, 03, 12:47 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hatchrat:

http://novascotia.cbc.ca/template/se...ncorde20030219
</font>
I wonder what the passengers were "shuttled" in, and how long the YHX-JFK flight might have taken.

Old Feb 19, 03, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Only 47 passengers. Seems like a lite load?
Old Feb 19, 03, 2:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by onedog:
Only 47 passengers. Seems like a lite load?</font>
Remember that since the fuel tanks got Kevlar'd, the Air France Concordes have been limited to a capacity of 92 passengers. BA installed new, lighter, seats so theirs have a capacity of, I think, 100.

And at an average fare of $12000 RT, I am sure AF did OK revenue-wise today.

(Remember, all the Qantas Points people who bought 5000 InsideFlyer subscribtions are booked on BA)
Old Feb 19, 03, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeHateY:
I wonder what the passengers were "shuttled" in, and how long the YHX-JFK flight might have taken.
</font>
YHZ-JFK is 651 miles and they were carried on an AC flight. I don't know the aircraft type. Airbus-319-320 are the main type for short and medium haul flights
Old Feb 20, 03, 8:12 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: Free Agent
They were flown on an AC Jazz Bae-146 from YHZ to JFK.

Can you imagine going from the Concorde to a BAe-146? That must have been pretty shocking for the jetset.
Old Feb 20, 03, 2:41 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by newbie elite:
They were flown on an AC Jazz Bae-146 from YHZ to JFK.

Can you imagine going from the Concorde to a BAe-146? That must have been pretty shocking for the jetset.
</font>
At least I hope it was a 2-3 interior, not a 3-3 one.

And I hope they had plenty of that 1993 Dom Peringon (sp?)
Old Feb 21, 03, 5:03 pm

I was on AF 002 CDG-JFK (YHZ) on 2/19/03. We were indeed shuttled from YHZ to JFK on an Air Canada Jazz BAE 146. The BAE 146 did have the 2-3 seating configuration. No Dom. The champagne onboard Concorde was Krug Grande Cuvee but they did not transfer any to the "shuttle" flight. We arrived at JFK approximately 5 hours behind schedule. Air France handled the emergency with a very high degree of professionalism. IMHO

------------------
Old Feb 21, 03, 6:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by I-65:
I was on AF 002 CDG-JFK (YHZ) on 2/19/03. We were indeed shuttled from YHZ to JFK on an Air Canada Jazz BAE 146. The BAE 146 did have the 2-3 seating configuration. No Dom. The champagne onboard Concorde was Krug Grande Cuvee but they did not transfer any to the "shuttle" flight. We arrived at JFK approximately 5 hours behind schedule. Air France handled
the emergency with a very high degree of professionalism. IMH

</font>
If I may ask, were you offered any compensation? I have heard delays of any kind on the Concorde are generously compensated.

[This message has been edited by flytoeat (edited 02-21-2003).]

[This message has been edited by flytoeat (edited 02-21-2003).]
Old Feb 22, 03, 1:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flytoeat:
If I may ask, were you offered any compensation? I have heard delays of any kind on the Concorde are generously compensated.
</font>

No compensation was offered at the time. The flight attendants passed out cards that requested our contact information. When we got to JFK we had to hurry to our connecting flight. What do Flyertalkers think is appropriate compensation? What should I ask for? I used 160K Delta Skymiles for each ticket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: