Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

U.S. Wants Prints Of Muslim Visitors ( even residing in USA )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

This is getting too far I think ! after winning the elections Bush and his cronies are getting bolder...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2002Nov6.html
Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by debo_nair:
This is getting too far I think ! after winning the elections Bush and his cronies are getting bolder...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2002Nov6.html
</font>
Long overdue, IMO.

It doesn't apply to permanent residents, only visitors. They don't like it? They are free to leave.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 9:58 am

I'm all for increased scrutiny of people who come from countries that harbor terrorists, but do that BEFORE they get here, not after. This is just a collosal waste of time, but hey, King George thinks he has a mandate and he's going to try to ram everything he wants down our throats.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
The only problem that I have with this program is that presently it only includes 5 countries. And Saudi Arabia is not one of them.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 10:54 am

Maybe we in the UK should do the same for US citizens , after all a lot of Dollars flowed into the IRA accounts !!

Nigel

Old Nov 7, 2002, 11:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

US govt is pretty sly. You see Pakistan and Saudi Arabia is not in the list. Cos now they are friends of Bush govt ..How ridiculous our govt is when these 2 countries should be the first ones to be spanked. There are more reasons to attack Pak and SA than there are to attack Iraq. But then with Bush and Cheney at helm of a rogue govt sponsored by oil companies who will protest...How about millions of dollors pouring into IRA accounts from USA...I wonder why zombie Tony Blair is not starting to profile US citizens travelling to UK?
Old Nov 7, 2002, 11:40 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by debo_nair:
But then with Bush and Cheney at helm of a rogue govt sponsored by oil companies who will protest... </font>
I believe that "roque" government was resoundingly approved by the American voters last Tuesday.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I wonder why zombie Tony Blair is not starting to profile US citizens travelling to UK?</font>
&lt;edit&gt; Oh, never mind, on second thought it is pointless to attempt to address such drivel.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 12:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The average voting % was 50. Which means only 50% of Americans voted. Out of that 50% the senate and house was won by Reps by a few seats which means out of the 50% Americans who voted only 25% approved the Reps.
Overall the current administration is approved by only 25% of Americans..I dont understand what the hoopla about the Bush admin gaining seats in house /senate is about when the reps just won by a margin and was not definately an astounding victory.

Old Nov 7, 2002, 12:44 pm
Suspended

The average voting % was 50. Which means only 50% of Americans voted. Out of that 50% the senate and house was won by Reps by a few seats which means out of the 50% Americans who voted only 25% approved the Reps.
Overall the current administration is approved by only 25% of Americans..I dont understand what the hoopla about the Bush admin gaining seats in house /senate is about when the reps just won by a margin and was not definately an astounding victory.

</font>
Right. Now it is clear to me why you have such a warped view of the political process.

You could not be more wrong about the resounding Republican victory. Bush is the first President to lead his party to control of the Senate in his first midterm election. And this despite a weak economy and liberal hand-wringing about the war on terrorism.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

</font>
In my mind, those eligible voters who choose not to vote have forfitted their right to be considered in this type of analysis. If you don't vote, don't complain.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold
Those who did not vote gave their approval to whoever won the election.

The ..... and Saudi Arabia are the main culprits here.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 3:42 pm

From a newspaper report in the UK today, anyone tell me if this is true?

"Three Men who tried to obtain Stinger missiles to sell to al-qa'eda were arrested in San Diego yesterday.
John Ashcroft said the Men, an American and two Pakistanis, tried to sell half a ton of Heroin and five tons of Hashish to raise cash to buy the weapons."

If so then anyone who doesn't know America very well could assume that all Americans are drug dealers and terrorists as well.

Nigel
Old Nov 7, 2002, 4:25 pm

beergut
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Maybe we in the UK should do the same for US citizens , after all a lot of Dollars flowed into the IRA accounts !!</font>
How right you are...I lived in London for 10 years through the reign of terror inflicted on the UK by the cowards in the IRA...many people , innocent I might add lost there lives.....Partly Funded by the USA supporters of the IRA, publically.!!!!.

The USA has one attacked and they become the world ruler and experts on terror...

I am getting sick and fed up with, Bush flexing his musles with Iraq...

I say clean up your own backyard before you start on others.!....

If you guys don't know it the USA has more murders % per cap. Then anywhere else in the world by 50 times...

get real....you have alot of ethnic citizens living, working and born in your country...don't start on them...sort out your murderers/muggers/rapists and home grown terriost before going after peace loving people that still believe in the fairy tale that the USA is the land of the free...

Most came to your country to escape the very political persicution Bush and his croines are know inflicting...

My rant over....

[This message has been edited by Ferrari (edited 11-07-2002).]
Old Nov 7, 2002, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Ferrari, perhaps you should read the linked article a bit more closely before going off on your rant.
Old Nov 7, 2002, 5:16 pm

I don't know, seems pretty fair to me, I was afterall addressing the bigger issue here....

I have one question...Why is Iraq not aloud to have a miltary presents and the USA can have the biggest in the world.?

Who said they could become the worlds Sheriff...then they go and put that Baffoon Bush in charge...

Iraq is a sovereign state...they should be aloud to defend themselves....

If bush, and I have no doubt he will goes into Iraq the threat of terriorism will be worse not better.....why can't he work on diplomacy instread of by the Gun...When are you guys in the US going to stop and think...you have the right to bear arms..sure...but where has it got you?.

Madness utter madness....

Trust me...the rest of the world are NOT behind you.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.