Can I save a topic for future viewing?

Old Nov 28, 01, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Location: Dirt USair, Gold Hilton, Gold Marriott, Platinum Hyatt

Hi folks,

Got an offbeat question.

My nephew is two years into getting his degree in education. His goal is to teach elementary school history. I'm trying to assemble newspapers, magazines, and digital files of some web sites that pertain to the September 11 terrorist attacks.

I'm thinking that in 5 or ten years the events of September 11 (and the events that are and will occur in Afghanistan) will be taught by him to his students.

Does anyoneone know how to "save" a topic here on FlyerTalk? In particular, I really want to capture the entire thread that Doc started on Sept 11 entitled "Plane crashes into the World Trade Ctr"

I've read and reread this thread a dozen times already. It captures the horrific feeling and uncertainty we all faced that day. I get choked up each time that I read it.

The comments from everyone and the links to other sites are a real capsule of not only September 11, but the days following.

Does anyone know of a process or software that would enable me to record all of the pages together and even go as far as also keeping the links to other web sites attached? I tried "save as HTML" but that just saves the one page. At last count, the topic is up to 9 pages.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated by me and my nephew in the future.

Take care!
Old Nov 29, 01, 6:51 am

If I'm correct, the when the topics get old the admins will move them to Archives...and with a simple search, you should be able to get the topics you needed.
Old Nov 29, 01, 6:58 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
tha 'save as' function of my browser (Explorer 5 Mac Version) wokrs perfect (I have to save each page separately).

Also the 'cute and paste' function works.
Old Nov 29, 01, 9:16 am
sim

I have emailed threads to myself to save for future reference.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: