Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

NYT: My Husband Flies First Class and Puts Me in Coach

NYT: My Husband Flies First Class and Puts Me in Coach

Old May 21, 2023, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm skeptical about the truthfulness of the letter referenced in the OP because any husband who acts like that would not be a husband for long.
ExpatExp and WeekendTraveler like this.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Never underestimate the ability of financial interests, disposition toward paid employment and unpaid employment, and kids to keep some seemingly dysfunctional relationships limping along and on life support for longer than makes sense to some/most/all others.

Originally Posted by vsadda

The guy can sit there with the kids to supervise them too. At least they can take turns ...
If any ordinarily educated and capable 12 year old and 16 year old really need any in-flight parental supervision during any flight with their parents, the family have other, more serious issues to consider than who really needs to fly up front and more comfortably on a trip and who sits where in the plane.

If an employer or client is paying for the father to fly more comfortably in the front of the plane on a long haul flight, he probably should be reluctant to trade it …. even to relatives.

There are some kids of wealthy parents where wise kids and wise (non-earning/lower earning) parents would rather that the future inheritances not be squandered by “splurging” parent padding the airline management and shareholders’ pockets. Then there are people who just can’t appreciate delayed gratification or can’t count on the future of a relationship and thus look to try to squeeze out of it what they can in the here and now to maximize immediate gratification.

A 12 year old on some airlines may be required to have an “adult “ travel companion in the same cabin to be exempted from an unaccompanied minor service requirement — a service that may not only require additional expense but also may render some connections illegal only because of a UAM service requirement.
SPN Lifer and LapLap like this.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 22, 2023 at 6:06 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.