Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bloomberg: Ancient Jumbo Jets Resurrected re First- and Business-Class Demand

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Bloomberg: Ancient Jumbo Jets Resurrected re First- and Business-Class Demand

This story is a week old so I’m sure it must have been posted somewhere but I can’t find the thread. The “Ancient Jumbo Jet” being resurrected is the A380. Most of the A380s being returned to service are around 10 years old, right? If that’s ancient, I have some ancient wine and scotch I’d like to sell you.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ing-jumbo-jets

The fuel-inefficient 747 and A380 are being resurrected, thanks to their large numbers of premium seats.”

The rest of the article is pretty reasonable but the headline gave me a real laugh.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Love the upper deck of a 747. Happy to see them return
realworld likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta PM
While I have traveled multiple times in first on a 747, my only time on the upper deck was back in the day from ORD-MSP. I think the flight went on to HNL, IIRC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.