Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Lawsuit for not asking before reclining the seat

Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Chinese lawsuit for reclining seat without asking before reclining. The seats have a sign to ask.
moondog likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by TGarza
Chinese lawsuit for reclining seat without asking before reclining. The seats have a sign to ask.
To be pedantic, not ask but "please notify the passengers in the rear row when adjusting your seat angle." Kinda of like using a turn signal when driving.

That said, I find the lawsuit interesting. I see both sides.
TGarza and moondog like this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
To be pedantic, not ask but "please notify the passengers in the rear row when adjusting your seat angle." Kinda of like using a turn signal when driving.

Not pedantic at all. There's a huge difference between asking and telling. The only reason this suit was successful is because the rail operators require notice when seats are reclined otherwise there is no obligation to inform the person behind that you are about to move the seatback.
TGarza likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar

I would have gone with a 50/50 split myself, but it's cool that the court thought about both sides.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.