STL: Flying Pigs take off on mission to repopulate the world's pig population

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2020, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
STL: Flying Pigs take off on mission to repopulate the world's pig population

An article in Farm Journal's Pork Business:
The first shipment of breeding pigs to utilize the Livestock Export and Inspection Facility (LEIF) at St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) took off for Sao Paulo, Brazil on Nov. 11. This group of pigs from Henderson, Tenn., made history as they left the airport aboard a Boeing 747-400F.

The LEIF-STL facility is an 18,000-square-foot dedicated and customizable facility designed for shipping livestock and horses and has been approved as a Port of Embarkation (POE) and Export Inspection Facility (EIF) since 2017.
and
“Due to African swine fever, much of the world’s swine herd has been depleted, including up to 70% of China’s swine population. The Midwest can play a significant role in helping to avoid or mitigate a world-wide protein shortage,” NCBE said in the release.
Link to the full article: PorkBusiness.com - Flying Pigs Make History at St. Louis Airport (November 13, 2020)
Old Nov 20, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Having listened to 'Pigs on the Wing' many times, but have yet to see them on the inside
Old Dec 2, 2020, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I seriously read "Pork of Embarkation"
hhdl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.