Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

NYT: Opinion: Don't Feel Sorry For the Airlines

Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:35 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National

An interesting perspective:

Before providing them any assistance, we must demand that they change how they treat their customers and employees...

At no time during its years of plenty did American improve how it treats its customers. Change fees went up to $200 for domestic flights and to $750 for international. Its widely despised baggage fees were hiked to $30 and $40 for first and second bags. These higher fees yielded billions of dollars, yet did not help the airline improve its on-time arrivals, reduce tarmac delays or prevent involuntary bumping...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/o...=tw-nytopinion
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:19 pm

I absolutely donít feel sorry for them and what infuriates me is that even with a bailout, they will likely lay off workers, continue to hike the pride of current fees and implement new ones, while simultaneously watering down loyalty programs for frequent flyers.
mikew99 and Spiff like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM ★G, DL Silver, Amtrak ES, Hilton Diamond,Nexus
Actually, what infuriates me is this author taking a time of national emergency when the travel/hospitality industry is in collapse, to grind his ax with his self-serving diatribe. That infuriates me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.