Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

China travel waiver (Wuhan virus)

Old Jan 23, 20, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Apologies if this is the wrong place, but I wanted to try and get the news out to the community as quickly as possible. I attached this to another thread as well, but I believe it was probably the wrong place. According to my friend (who can read Chinese), the government has just announced that all airlines must give full refunds to anyone who asks for one effective from midnight Jan 24th. There is currently no English version of this, but I've included a link and photo of the announcement.

Hope this can help someone, as I had been reluctant to cancel my trip to Shanghai since I was on non-refundable tickets. While I still do think it's probably safe, there really is no sense to risk it since I would have been bringing my two small children.

Maybe we can get a second confirmation:

???: ?????????

84fiero likes this.
Old Jan 24, 20, 2:19 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold)
I noticed Air China's statement this morning

Coronavirus - Air China offers full refunds
Old Jan 28, 20, 3:39 am

Programs: QRPC
Xiamen Airlines will refund ticket prices for people who have fever or do not want to be screened:

https://www.xiamenair.com/en-eu/Airline%20News/13.html
Old Feb 7, 20, 1:14 am

something new for you
In order to implement the State Council's 2020 Spring Festival holiday extension arrangement and continue to do a good job in the joint prevention and control of the new coronavirus pneumonia epidemic situation, the Civil Aviation Administration requires that the airlines have purchased tickets before 08:00 on January 28, 2020, and the flight date is after this time If a passenger applies for a refund before the flight departs, each airline and its ticket sales agent shall process a free refund for the passenger within the validity period of the ticket, and shall not charge any fees. This requirement will be implemented from 00:00 on January 28, 2020.

It should be pointed out that due to the impact of the epidemic, airlines have reduced some flights. In order to effectively use the capacity during the Spring Festival, passengers are requested to apply for a refund before the flight departure to avoid wasting seats and ensure that passengers who really need it can travel.
Old Feb 10, 20, 4:20 pm

Would this work for a Finnair itinerary departing Stuttgart to Guangzhou RT? Or only Chinese airlines or flights originating in China? Thank you!
Old Feb 11, 20, 2:06 am

Finnair's policy is on their website. Currently second item down.

https://www.finnair.com/en/flight-in...travel-updates
Old Feb 11, 20, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Finnair's policy is on their website. Currently second item down.

https://www.finnair.com/en/flight-in...travel-updates
Thank you, Iíve seen Finnairís policy and have been keeping a close eye on it for any changes on dates that itís applicable for refunds,

Iím interested to know if the Chinese government policy effectively Ďforces the handí of airlines to give refunds, even further than the waiver dates many already have in place of February 29/March 29 as their cut off for offering re-routings and refunds (even on non-refundable tickets!)

This is regarding an itinerary due to depart late April from Germany.

many thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: