Search

At least two dead, multiple people injured, after B-17 crashes at BDL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
At least two dead, multiple people injured, after B-17 crashes at BDL

Breaking news from the Hartford Courant: At least two dead, multiple people injured, after World War II-era plane crashes at Connecticut’s Bradley International Airport
Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Looks like they took of from runway 6 and had trouble fast. The deicing facility is just right of the approach threshold to 6; wonder how they ended up back there not a quick landing attempt on 33. No skid marks on the pavement. Amazing anyone came out alive, hope some of them stay that way. Historic plane... sad.

Last edited by ludocdoc; Oct 2, 2019 at 5:48 pm
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
Very sad news! My husband flew on this plane as birthday present a few years ago. He enjoyed the flight and we enjoyed the Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom event in Worcester, Ma.

RIP and recovery wishes to those who were injured.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Reports are they were trying to land on 6 and clipped a piece of the ILS infrastructure, which turned the plane right and they ended up in the deicing facility. Still amazed anyone lived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.