Search

Robert Crandall ex-AA CEO blames airline deregulation for pax discomfort

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Robert Crandall ex-AA CEO blames airline deregulation for pax discomfort

The man who AA employees called “Fang” but restored AA to profitability gave a presentation to the Airline Reporting Corporation blamed the passing of Airline Deregulation Act If 1978 for many of the ills affecting today’s airline passengers.

...But he made it clear that today’s declining level of service and comfort for non-premium passengers – i.e. about 85% of all air travelers...
Crandall blamed deregulation for high fare prices in small markets, the lack of any service at all in some small communities, and long lines (of people and planes) at inadequate airports jammed by huge growth in passenger demand over the last 40 years.
He didn’t address the decreased cost of travel due to deregulation.

An Airline Legend Tells Today's Industry Bosses To Pay More Attention To Dissatisfied Passengers 18 Oct 2018, Forbes magazine
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by JDiver
He didn’t address the decreased cost of travel due to deregulation.
Oh yeah, that small matter of $300B in consumer savings.

I suspect that if we had kept the same deregulation scheme there wouldn't be complaining about overcrowding and long lines because many fewer people would be able to travel.
trooper likes this.

Last edited by CPRich; Oct 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:28 pm

It goes back to the simple premise "you get what you pay four". Not rocket science.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.