Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Global News: The Unwritten Rules of Flying

Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

On our local news today, the unwritten rules of flying. Don’t be a gate louse, when asking for a seat trade, offer an equal or better seat. Nothing we all shouldn’t already know but just in case:

https://globalnews.ca/video/4569723/...ules-of-flying
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it can be nice to see in media, vs sillier/incorrect stuff
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
About the "travel consultant"*, Claire Newell:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claire_Newell

Originally Posted by wikipedia
Claire Newell is a travel expert, author, travel consultant on Global BC and president of Travel Best Bets by Jubilee Tours and Travel.Claire has appeared on the Today show multiple times, Fox & Friends, Good Day New York, ABC Morning News – Chicago, Martha Stewart Living Radio, and CNN Radio. She reaches 5.5 million viewers weekly[[i]citation needed] via daily appearances as the travel consultant for Global TV, and on 10,000 listeners on radio.[[i]citation needed]She has been a spokesperson for Disney Interactive Media Group, Vancouver International Airport, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Sylvan Learning Bridgestone Tires, CHASE Sapphire Preferred Card]] and TD Bank.She has been featured in ads and promotions for Visit Las Vegas, Vancouver International Airport, Hong Kong Tourism, BC Ferries, Canadian Tourism College, the Canadian Tourism Commission and Sylvan Learning.Claire has authored or been featured in articles for SUCCESS, Professional Woman, Today's Parent, Reader's Digest and for various newspapers, and is a best-selling author of Travel Best Bets - An Insider's Guide to Taking Your Best Trip, Ever. She was co-host of the travel series Operation:Vacation which aired in the US (Logo TV), Canada (Travel & Escape) and affiliate stations internationally.
*double quotes means that the term is used by Global News

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.