Wiki Posts
Search

LA Times: Germs in airplane cabins are bad, but it's even worse at the airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
LA Times: Germs in airplane cabins are bad, but it's even worse at the airport

You don't have to be a germophobe to want to slip on rubber gloves when you enter an airplane cabin.

A new study confirms once again that various surfaces in the cabin of a commercial plane have many times the amount of bacteria than an average kitchen counter. But the latest study found that surfaces in airport terminals can have even higher germ counts than those in the planes.

The highest number of colony-forming units of bacteria per square inch were found on those increasingly popular self-serve ticketing kiosks that are popping up in terminals around the country, including Los Angeles International Airport.

Germs in airplane cabins are bad, but it's even worse at the airport terminal
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Before I even settle in to my airplane seat, I wipe down the seatbelt buckles, tray table, entertainment center and anything else I plan to touch with a powerful hospital disinfectant and wear a mask if I suspect someone in my vicinity is sick. It actually works. I used to get sick immediately after I arrived at my destination but not anymore. Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:35 pm

I wipe down the tray table but seeing the OP I realise the touchscreen is another must-wipe for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.