Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

LA Times: What happens when your pilots just don't get along?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA

What happens when your pilots just don't get along?

When the boss is an insufferable troll, his personality can create a toxic environment that sets the workplace on edge. If the boss happens to be the captain on a commercial aircraft and his abrasive temperament creates undue stress for his co-pilot, the result could threaten the integrity of a flight.

For this reason, co-pilots, or first officers, have a way to quietly avoid flying with a captain they despise.

At the airline I work for, this subversive maneuver is known as
“Do Not Pair.”

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-...716-story.html
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Yeah, I spent an entire flight having to listen to them go back and forth about the Cavs over ICS.

On a more serious note, I have heard some disagreements about flying the aircraft on ICS... Usually the right seat yields to the PIC after voicing their concern.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.