Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Times: FAA orders Boeing 787 safety fix: Reboot power once in a while

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA/AA
Seattle Times: FAA orders Boeing 787 safety fix: Reboot power once in a while

The FAA is mandating that operators of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner periodically reset the power on the airplane to avoid a glitch that could cause all three computer modules that manage the jet’s flight control surfaces to briefly stop working while in flight.

http://www.seattletimes.com/business...ce-in-a-while/
Old Dec 1, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Same issue they had with the power control units?

April 30, 2015 - F.A.A. Orders Fix for Possible Power Loss in Boeing 787
The Federal Aviation Administration said on Thursday that Boeing found during laboratory testing that the plane’s power control units could shut down power generators if they were powered without interruption for 248 days,
I hope they're checking everything else with a clock/counter to make sure they deal with overflow.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: BA, QF
Either an overflow or a memory leak, though the second should be impossible if they followed their own coding standards. The first should be easy to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.