Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

CNN: Airlander 10 crashed during 2nd test flight.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/24/tech...inkId=28002168

This ship keeps having setbacks, just like every other craft type, but luckily nobody was hurt during the crash.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:22 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Glad it was a relatively minor accident.

I live fairly close to Cardington (where this is based) - and drive/cycle past on a regular basis. The airship hangars are quite a local landmark (they are gigantic, as you could imagine) and loom into view as soon as you cross the Greensands Ridge. It's been great to first watch the hangar slowly come back to life (the site was previously used only for film-making) and these other-worldly aircraft slowly emerge.

I look forward to seeing them in the skies above my house soon!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I've ridden in an airship twice now and there is nothing quite like it. Small planes, helicopters and jumbo jets all have their unique atmosphere but nothing has been quite as a standout as an airship.
Not sure how I feel about the initial development of the Airlander being for "security" patrolling but that's an omni topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.