Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asl the Pilot: The Hijacking As Art

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Asl the Pilot: The Hijacking As Art

Over at Ask the Pilot: Remembering Neerja.

In 1986, Pan Am flight 73 was hijacked during a stopover in Karachi, Pakistan. The plane, with 380 people aboard, never left the ground, but the drama went on for 17 hours before the attackers opened fire and set off explosives, killing twenty people. Hero of the seige was 23-year old Neerja Bhanot, the lead flight attendant. A former model from Mumbai, she was credited with saving the lives of dozens of passengers before being gunned down. "NEERJA" is a new Hindi movie about her life and the hijacking.

There's also a cool documentary about the construction of the mock-up 747 used in the filming. Another film, meanwhile, remembers the infamous Sabena hijacking in 1972.

More at Ask the Pilot: : http://www.askthepilot.com/hijacking-as-art/

--------------
FT disclosure notice: I am the author of article linked to above.

Last edited by GateHold; Mar 14, 2016 at 6:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.