Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel News
Reload this Page >

Favor In-Flight Phone Access? Depends On How Old You Are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: In-flight cell phone access, yes or no? And how old are you?
YES -- Under 21
0%
YES -- Age 21-35
4.79%
YES -- Age 36-55
6.16%
YES -- Over 55
0%
NO -- Under 21
4.11%
NO -- Age 21-35
20.55%
NO -- Age 36-55
38.36%
NO -- Over 55
26.03%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Favor In-Flight Phone Access? Depends On How Old You Are

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Firming up at about 5 or 6 , to 1 ^, all age groups. Or within each "segment". Again, why were they segmented? To try to support the OP's title, aka the desired takeaway? Or, giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps it was just a hypothesis?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Like or Loathe the Idea of Cellphone Calls on Planes? Tell the DOT!

If you're voting 'YES' or 'NO' in this poll, here's your chance to let the DOT know.

The DOT is asking fliers for their opinions, even though the agency won't be making the decision, at least not on technical grounds... The agency wants to know what you think about the potential rule change. It's collecting comments until March 26.
Here's how you can let the DOT know your stance: http://www.regulations.gov/#!documen...2014-0002-0018

You can read the article itself here: http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-trb...,4833652.story
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: EMT-P
I did comment on the DOT website that I am against cell phone use on airplanes. However, I also feel that government should not regulate this. The airlines can make their own rules based on customer feedback. The same way that I choose to only eat at restaurants that are smoke-free, I will choose to fly with airlines that don't allow cell phone use (or provide equivalent accommodations similar to a "quite car" on the train).

Less government. Less cell phone noise. More happiness.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
No, NO, NOOOOOOOOO!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
37, I do not favor in flight calls....I am only in favor of texting in SILENT mode.

Case and point.. I am in the U.S. CLUB @MCO listening to some loud mouth wander around the club screaming into his phone about everything from sales to why he did not get TSA PreChk... I do not want to have to endure these jerks in the air....
Totally agree

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.